|3/28/2013 9:42:00 AM|
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Chisago Lakes Area Schools Minutes of February 27 board meeting
(March 28, 2013)
Independent School District #2144
Chisago and Washington Counties
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Members Present: Mark Leigh; Thomas Lawlor; Danielle Strenke; Lori Berg; Brenda Carlson; Jerry Vitalis; Molly Sandstrom (Student Rep); and Heide Miller, Director of Business Services.
Members Absent: Michael McLoughlin, Superintendent.
Visitors: Andrea Hitchcock, Debbie Zollinger, Jeff Lindeman, Jina Saueressig, Julie Klein, Sara Johnson, Jim Gillach, Ann Gillach, Jodi Otte, Sarah Schmidt, Mike Klun, Dave Ertl, Noel Stensrud, Jeff Norton, Denise Martin, Robert Meyer, Jerry Robicheau (BKB) and Joy Peck.
1. The Superintendent finalist interview meeting was called to order at 4:00 p.m. and began with the Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The School Board interviewed the following superintendent finalist candidates: Dr. James Ellis, Dr. Ray Queener and Mr. Joe Thimm. During the afternoon, the three superintendent finalists had been given a tour of Chisago Lakes Schools and had the opportunity to meet with various staff.
3. Upon completion of the interviews, the School Board discussed the final three candidates.
4. Motion by Carlson, seconded by Strenke to offer the position of Superintendent to Joe Thimm. The following vote resulted: In favor: Vitalis, Berg, Leigh, Carlson, and Strenke; Against: Lawlor; whereby having passed by majority vote, Mr. Joe Thimm will be offered the position of Superintendent of Chisago Lakes Schools to begin July 1, 2013.
5. Chairman Leigh adjourned the session at 10:38 p.m.
Danielle Strenke, Clerk
Mark Leigh, Chair
(Minutes of School Board Interview Meeting Wednesday, February 27, 2013; website: www.chisagolakes.k12.mn.us)
This document is available in the following formats upon request: Braille, Large Print, Audio Cassette Tape, and Computer Disk. Please call 651-213-2011 for more information or to request a copy.
Article Comment Submission Form