8/10/2017 9:42:00 AM BOARD OF EDUCATION
Chisago Lakes Schools
Lindstrom, MN 55045
Board Retreat July 12, 2017:
(August 10, 2017)
Members Present: Mark Leigh; Thomas Lawlor; Danielle Strenke; Lori Berg; Brenda Carlson; Jerry Vitalis; Joe Thimm, Superintendent and Heide Miller, Director of Business Services.
Members Absent: None
Visitors: Jodi Davis and Bob Meyer
1. The Board watched the MSHSL video entitled WHY WE PLAY to review the Code of Conduct Statement.
2. A discussion was held on the 2017-2018 Board Goals. The Board wanted specific focused goals in the academic and technology categories. The topic will be addressed by the administrative team.
3. A new student school board representative will be selected in September. Information will be distributed to seniors when school starts on how to apply.
4. The Rotary and Historical Society have requested the rental fee be waived for the use of the PAC on October 1, 2017 for a community event. The Board will act on this at their July meeting.
5. A Legislative update was given, class sizes and certified staff were reviewed.
6. The certified negotiations are set for August 3 and August 10 at 8:00 am. The certified negotiation committee will meet at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 13th to discuss negotiation strategies.
7. There is a house located on the site of the new elementary school. The district will call for RFPs from individuals interested in moving the house at their August meeting.
8. The discussion has begun regarding the operations, programs and distribution of program fees for the New Community Center. A committee will be formed to work on the details.
9. Steve Mikutowski shared a rough plan for some of the Long Term Facility Maintenance items. Heide will readdress this topic at a later date.
10. Heide reviewed the health insurance bids that were opened on May 18, 2017. The Health Insurance Committee will be meeting on July 19th at 8:00 a.m.
11. The applicants for the superintendent position were discussed and six semi-finalists were selected to be named at the July 13 board meeting. The interviews are scheduled for July 18th and July 20th.