|4/29/2022 1:51:00 PM|
Full slate of county-led road projects underway
Late-April means the start of road construction season and Joe Triplett, County Engineer, explained a laundry list of projects for the county commissioners at their regular Road & Bridge meeting last week. Triplett is herding seven projects, some of which have begun and a few more start in May/early June. At the same time he has to monitor state and federal lawmakers’ transportation funding process and be available to testify or make phone calls at a moment’s notice.
The county also has a couple studies being done by outside consultants covering the future I-35 and 19 interchange, and one predicting traffic concerns as the freeway ramp area in Wyoming develop.
Triplett said some of the roadwork has to wait until school lets out for the summer, as projects affect key bus routes. This includes CSAH 26 and the round-a-bout south of Chisago City at 23 and 24.
In road business:
• Triplett said the County 19 reconstruction area is underway and has a completion date of July 4.
• County Road 55 paving starts May 9 and runs until mid-June
• County Road 79 paving starts May 23, again mid-June completion
• Countywide seal coat work is sometime in May-June
• County Road 56 bridge replacement depends on culvert fabrication but likely to start July 25.
• The CSAH 23 and 24 round-a-bout phone lines and utility movement and site clearing are being done.