|5/31/2018 10:01:00 AM|
Trust Company of Oxford, as Trustee of the Trust of Marlene A. Messin under agreement dated May 10, 1994, as amended and restated,
Frank E. Messin, and all other persons unknown claiming any right, title,
estate, interest or lien in the real
property described herein,
(May 31; June 7, 14, 2018)
STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF CHISAGO
TENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Case Type: Other Civil
Court File No.: 13-CV-18-431
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO THE ABOVE-NAMED DEFENDANTS:
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiff’s Complaint against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at 3300 Wells Fargo Center, 90 South Seventh Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiff’s Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an Alternative Dispute Resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Chisago County, Minnesota, legally described as follows:
That part of Government Lot Nine (9), Section Thirty-four (34), Township Thirty-four (34) North, Range Twenty (20) West, Chisago County, Minnesota, described as follows:
Commencing at the Northwest corner of Government Lot 9; thence South, assumed bearing along the West line of said Government Lot 9, a distance of 61.00 feet to the point of beginning; thence North 88 degrees 30 minutes East, parallel to the South line of Fairview Cemetery, 183.50 feet; thence South 8 degrees 30 minutes West, 300.60 feet; thence 82 degrees 00 minutes West, 140.4 feet to the West line of Government Lot 9; thence North on said West line to the point of beginning.
EXCEPTING the following described tract:
That part of Government Lot 9, Section 34, Township 34 North, Range 20 West, Chisago County, Minnesota, described as follows:
Commencing at the Northwest corner of said Government Lot 9; thence South, assumed bearing along the West line of said Government Lot 9, a distance of 61.00 feet to the point of beginning; thence North 88 degrees 30 minutes East, parallel to the South line of Fairview Cemetery, 183.50 feet; thence South 8 degrees 30 minutes West, 99.48 feet; thence South 88 degrees 30 minutes West, 168.79 feet to the West line of said Government Lot 9; thence North, along said West line, 98.00 feet to the point of beginning, Chisago County, Minnesota.
The object of this action is to obtain a judgment that Plaintiff is the owner, in fee simple, of the above-described real property, and that none of the said Defendants have any estate or interest therein or lien thereon.
Dated: May 21, 2018
By: /s/ Cyri A. Van Hecke
Martin S. Fallon (#030301X)
Cyri A. Van Hecke (#0393029)
3300 Wells Fargo Center
90 South Seventh Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402-4140
Telephone: (612) 672-8200
ATTORNEYS FOR PLAINTIFF
Article Comment Submission Form