5/2/2019 9:56:00 AM SUMMONS -
City of Lindstrom,
Donald J. Peterson; Ardella G.
Peterson; Also the unknown heirs of
Donald J. Peterson and all other
persons unknown claiming any right,
title, estate, interest, or lien in the real
estate described in the complaint
Also the unknown heirs of Ardella G.
Peterson; and all other persons
unknown claiming any right, title,
estate, interest, or lien in the real
estate described in the complaint
Also all other persons unknown
claiming any right, title, estate, interest,
or lien in the real estate described
in the complaint herein,
(May 2, 9, 16, 2019)
STATE OF MINNESOTA COUNTY OF CHISAGO
DISTRICT COURT TENTH JUDICIALDISTRICT Case Type: Other Civil (Quiet Title) Court File No. ________
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO THE ABOVE-NAMED DEFENDANT:
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs Complaint against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN TWENTY (20) DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within twenty (20) days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
Campbell Knutson, P.A. 860 Blue Gentian Road, Suite 290 Eagan, Minnesota 55121
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiff s Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS.
If you do not answer within twenty (20) days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. NOTICE OF NO PERSONAL CLAIM. No personal claim is being made against you in this action. This is a claim to establish adverse possession in favor of the plaintiff and quiet title to the property legally described as:
That part of Government Lot 9, Section 34, Township 34, Range 20, Chisago County, Minnesota described as follows:
Beginning at a point on the west line of said Government Lot 9, distant 16.5 feet north of the southwest corner of said Government Lot 9; thence South 00 degrees 50 minutes 40 seconds East, along said west line, 16.5 feet to said southwest corner; thence easterly along the south line of said Government Lot 9, a distance of 960.7 feet; thence North 01 degree 40 minutes West, 16.5 feet to the intersection with a line bearing North 89 degrees 20 minutes East from said point of beginning; thence South 89 degrees 20 minutes West along said line, 960.7 feet to the point of beginning
EXCEPTING THEREFROM the following described parcel: Commencing at said southwest corner of Government Lot 9; thence on an assumed bearing of North 89 degrees 19 minutes 20 seconds East along the south line of said Government Lot 9, a distance of 416.0 feet to the point of beginning of the property to be described; thence North 0 degrees 50 minutes 40 seconds West, 363.0 feet; thence North 89 degrees 19 minutes 20 seconds East, 300.0 feet; thence South 0 degrees 50 minutes 40 seconds East, 363.0 feet to said South line; thence South 89 degrees 19 minutes 20 seconds West along said south line, 300.0 feet to the point of beginning.
If you unreasonably defend the action, State Law provides that you shall pay full costs to the Plaintiff.
Dated: April 4, 2019
CAMPBELL KNUTSON Professional Association By: /s/ Amy B. Schutt, #0395647 Attorneys for Plaintiff Grand Oak Office Center I 860 Blue Gentian Road, Suite 290 Eagan, Minnesota 55121 Telephone: 651-234-6207