|11/19/2020 2:35:00 PM|
BOARD OF EDUCATION -
Chisago Lakes Schools
Chisago City, MN 55013
Thursday, November 5, 2020
(November 19, 2020)
PRESENT: Lori Berg, Brenda Carlson, Dean Jennissen
REMOTE: Dani Strenke, Melissa Donovan, Jerry Vitalis, Mark Leigh
VISITORS: Jodi Davis, Eric Simmons, Jodi Otte, Michelle Kleist, Dave Ertl, Robyn Vosberg-Torgerson, Bill Weiss, Hannah Lindstrom, Ann Nelson, Scott Helland, Kerry Faste, Jodi Budde, Tricia Jennissen, Sara Johnson, Pam Bates
1. The Special meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Vice Chair Berg and began with the Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Motion by Carlson and seconded by Donovan, upon roll call vote, those in favor of accepting the revised agenda, Berg, Leigh, Donovan, Carlson, Vitalis and Strenke with none opposed, motion carried.
3. Open Forum: Scott Helland, Kerry Faste, Chad Goehring, Bill Weiss and Hannah Lindstrom all spoke in favor of continuing sports while in the Distant Learning model.
4. Superintendent Jennissen, Sara Johnson, school nurse Tricia Jennissen, County Public Health representatives Pam Bates and Jodi Budde discussed Covid data and district procedures involved in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and students during a pandemic.
5. Motion by Donovan, seconded by Carlson and upon roll call vote, those in favor of discontinuing fall sports/activities during the Distance Learning period and begin rescheduling winter sports contests if possible after the holiday break and if the numbers go down, Berg, Carlson, Donovan, Leigh, Strenke and Vitalis with none opposed, motion carried.
6. Motion by Carlson, seconded by Donovan and upon roll call vote, those in favor of adjourning the meeting at 8:00 p.m., Berg, Carlson, Donovan, Leigh, Strenke and Vitalis, with none opposed, motion carried.
Mark Leigh, Chair
Danielle Strenke, Clerk
Article Comment Submission Form