|11/19/2020 2:38:00 PM|
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Chisago Lakes Schools
Chisago City, MN 55013 - MINUTES:
Thursday, October 22, 2020
(November 19, 2020)
PRESENT: Mark Leigh, Lori Berg, Brenda Carlson, Superintendent Jennissen.
REMOTE: Danielle Strenke, Melissa Donovan, Jerry Vitalis.
VISITORS: Jodi Davis, Robyn Vosberg-Torgerson, Dave Ertl, Michelle Kleist, Chris Ziemer, Valerie Peterson, Ann Nelson, Eric Simmons, Andy Wilhelmy.
1. Chair Leigh called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m. and it began with the Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Motion by Vitalis, seconded by Berg to accept the revised agenda, upon roll call vote, those in favor of the revised agenda, Berg, Carlson, Donovan, Leigh, Strenke, and Vitalis with none opposed, motion carried.
3. There were no Open Forum candidates.
4. Chris Ziemer and Val Peterson addressed the School Board with preliminary construction projects for the Primary School using leftover construction funds.
5. Ann Nelson, student representative, talked about her experience with the Hybrid Learning Model – it’s going ok and she likes working at her own pace.
6. Robyn Vosberg-Torgerson, Director of Business Services went over the September financials. She gave a presentation on the CARES Act Funds. The Audit results will be presented to the financial committee at their next meeting.
7. Synergy enrollment at Chisago Lakes as of 10/20/2020 was 3319.
8. Motion by Berg, seconded by Vitalis and upon roll call vote, those in favor of approving all the items on the consent agenda as follows; Berg, Carlson, Donovan, Leigh, Strenke and Vitalis with none opposed, motion carried;
Approval of the September 24, 2020 board meeting minutes.
Approval of the October 14, 2020 special board meeting minutes.
Claims and Accounts:
Hand Payables dated 10/7/2020 in the amount of $44,021.21.
2017 Bonds dated 10/7/2020 for check number 1530 through 1536 in the amount of $75,462.58.
2020 LTFM bonds dated 10/7/2020 for check number 1012 through 1013 in the amount of $377,960.41.
Employee reimbursements dated 9/24/2020 in the amount of $11,827.81;
Employee reimbursements dated 10/12/2020 in the amount of $4,574.70;
Computer payables dated September 27, 2020 for check number 138524 through 138627 in the amount of $865,539.79.
Computer payables dated October 15, 2020 for check number 138628 through 138763 in the amount of $1,231,011.49;
Rosie DeAmor, ECFE, effective September 24, 2020;
Cassandra Dentz, Lakeside para, effective September 24, 2020;
Mike Motzko, HS custodian, effective October 14, 2020;
Jennifer Olson, Comm Ed. Marketing & Special Events Coord., effective 10/9/2020;
Melissa Sandstrom, HS Check and Connect Coordinator, effective 10/16/2020;
Leave of Absence Requests
Kelsey Grue, Lakeside teacher, extended leave request until April 30, 2021;
Ian Lexvold, paternity leave request for 2 weeks;
Khristeen Linnerooth, HS employee, extend current leave through the end of the 2020-2021 school year;
Molly Richter, maternity leave request until February 22, 2021;
Holly Sullivan, Little Wildcats program, adjust schedule to match child’s schedule due to Covid 19;
Kassey Kne, HS para, is requesting leave for the rest of the 2020-2021 school year;
Sue Truax, HS Custodian, and effective October 30, 2020;
Long Term Substitutes
Jean Fairchild, Middle School, September 8, 2020 through November 6, 2020, 4hrs/day @ $26.70 per hr;
Deb Montanye, Wildcat Academy, August 31, 2020 through June 10, 2021, approx. 92 days, $237.55/day;
Extracurricular Services Agreement
Scott Buchkoski, Asst. Football Coach for 2020-2021, $4034.00, IV-10;
Mallory Holmen, Volleyball 8 MS for 2020-2021, $3073.00, VI-5;
Joy Koeppel, Volleyball 7 MS fpr 2020-2021, $3198.00, VI-10;
Lynn Stoltz, Volleyball 7 MS for 2020-2021, $3098.00, VI-6;
Notice of Hires
David McKenzie, PS 2nd shift custodian, 4 hrs/day up to 184 days, $16.77/hr;
Mike Motzko, HS 2nd shift custodian, 4 hrs/day up to 184 days, $16.77/hr;
Phillip Pierce, HS 2nd shift custodian, 8 hrs/day up to 261 days, $15.03/hr;
Rebecca Snyder, KC Asst. Supv at TF, 5.75 hrs/day up to 184 days, $12.97/hr;
Grant Brown, 2nd shift custodian at TF, 4 hrs/day up to 248 days, $15.42/hr;
9. There was no old business to discuss.
10. Motion by Berg, seconded by Carlson and upon roll call vote, those in favor of approving the agreement for children in foster care to be transported to school, Berg, Carlson, Donovan, Leigh, Strenke, and Vitalis with none opposed, motion carried.
11. Motion by Vitalis, seconded by Carlson and upon roll call vote, those in favor of approving the Change Order as presented in the board packet; Order#004 Parkos for CLMS pertaining to electrical items and additional base on gym side of divider wall and additional logo work.
12. The agenda item regarding a Financial Coordinator for the Oversight Committee was put on hold until the Director of HR and the Director of Business Services and meet with the QComp Coordinator.
13. Superintendent Jennissen gave an update on the district’s learning model. He also talked about the Covid statistics that the county is publishing.
14. Motion by Berg, seconded by Carlson to adjourn the board meeting at 7:20 p.m., those in favor, Berg, Carlson, Donovan, Leigh, Strenke and Vitalis with none opposed, motion carried.
Mark Leigh, Chair
Danielle Strenke, Clerk
Article Comment Submission Form