|2/11/2021 9:43:00 AM|
CENTER CITY PLANNING COMMISSION:
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE -
(February 11, 18, 2021)
A VARIANCE TO EXCEED THE LOT COVERAGE REQUIREMENT OF TWENTY-FIVE PERCENT (25%) IN THE SHORELAND MANAGEMENT OVERLAY DISTRICT; A VARIANCE TO REDUCE THE REAR YARD (LAKESHORE) SETBACK TO THE ORDINARY HIGH-WATER LEVEL (OHWL); AND A VARIANCE TO REDUCE THE FRONT YARD SETBACK ON PROPERTY IN THE R-2 SUBURBAN SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT WITH A SHORELAND MANAGEMENT OVERLAY
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Center City Planning Commission will be holding a public hearing on Monday, February 22, 2021 at 7:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as possible, regarding, a variance to exceed the lot coverage requirement of 25% on a lot in the R-2 Suburban Single Family Residential District with a Shoreland Management Overlay by 4.6% for total lot coverage of 29.6%; a variance to reduce the required rear yard setback or lakeshore setback from the required 50 feet by 37.5 feet for a 12.5 foot rear yard setback; and a variance to reduce the required front yard setback from the required 30 feet by 11.7 feet for a 18.3 foot front yard setback, all in the R-2 Suburban Single Family Residential District with a Shoreland Management Overlay. The property is located at 509 Crescent Road, Center City, MN. The meeting will be held in the Council Chambers at City Hall, at 300 North Center Avenue where all persons may reasonably be heard.
The property is legally described as follows: The certain part of Government Lot Three (3), Section Thirty-four (34), Township Thirty-four (34), Range Twenty (20), described as follows to wit: Beginning at a point in the center line of the pavement of State Highway No. 8 which crosses said Gov’t Lot 3, said point being in line with the easterly line of those certain parcels of land conveyed to A.N. Gunz and described in Book 39 of Deeds, page 209, and Book 48 of Deeds, Page 325; thence South 15° East, along said property line and a continuation thereof, for 276.3 feet to the centerline of Old State Highway No. 46; thence South 73° West, along said road line, for 75 feet; thence South 87° West, continuing along said road centerline, for 264.8 feet; thence North 73°13’ West, continuing along the general center line of said road, for 98.7 feet; thence North 62° 51’ West, continuing along said road centerline, for 125.89 feet to the point of beginning of the tract hereby described –0 running thence South 19° 50’ West a distance of 92.9 feet to a concrete monument set near the shore line of south Center Lake; running thence North 73° 48’ West a distance of 2 feet to a second monument set near the said shore line; thence North 54° West in proximity to said Lake shore a distance of 65 feet to an iron monument running thence north 21° East a distance of 57 feet to an iron monument; running thence north 70° 18’ East a distance of 58.9 feet; thence South 19° 31’ east a distance of 26 feet to the point of beginning.
Also an easement for driveway purposes described as follows: Beginning at an iron monument at the termination of the 4th course in the above described parcel, which is north 21° East a distance of 57 feet from an iron monument set near the shore line of South Center Lake; running thence north 70° 18’ East a distance of 23.1 feet to the westerly right of way line of Old Truck Highway No. 46. Thence in a northerly direction along said right of way a distance of 10 feet; thence South 55° 14’ West a distance of 27.8 feet to the point of beginning.
A copy of the variance documents, in its entirety, are available at City Hall for review. The meeting will be held in the Council Chambers at City Hall, at 300 North Center Avenue, Center City, MN, at which time you may appear if you so desire, either in person or by agent or attorney, in opposition to or support of the variances. If you would like to make comment but will be unable to attend the hearing, you may do so by writing the City of Center City, 300 North Center Avenue, PO Box 245, Center City, MN 55012. Written comments must include your name and property address.
Given under my hand this 4th day of February, 2021.
Center City Clerk/Treasurer
Article Comment Submission Form