2/25/2021 9:44:00 AM STACY -
ORDINANCE NUMBER 2020-12-8
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING CHAPTER 153 OF THE CITY CODE
THE CITY OF STACY AMENDING SUBSECTION 153.050(F)
CONDITIONAL USE PERMITS IN THE CENTRAL BUSINESS
DISTRICT (CBD) AND 153.051(D)(9)
CONDITIONAL USE PERMITS IN THE GENERAL BUSINESS
DISTRICT (GB) AND AMENDING 153.031 ACCESSORY BUILDINGS AND STRUCTURES
(February 25, 2021)
The City Council of the City of Stacy hereby ordains:
That Subsection 153.050 (F) shall be amended to read as follows:
(F) Uses requiring a conditional use permit.
(1) Automobile dealership and auto service use.
(2) Gas stations, service stations: convenient stores.
(3) Drive-in establishments not specifically permitted s a principal use.
(4) Any use requiring outdoor storage or sales space:
(4) Public garage.
(5) Other commercial uses determined by the Planning Commission to be of the same general character as the permitted uses above and found not to be detrimental to the general public health and welfare.
(6) Day care - group nursery.
(7) Accessory buildings in compliance with $153.031
Section 153.051(D)(9) shall be amended to read as follows:
(9) Outside-storage for any-allowed use within the General Business District.
(9) Accessory buildings in compliance with $153.031.
Section 153.031 (C) be established as follows:
(C) Commercially zoned parcels.
(1) No accessory building prior to principal building. No accessory building or structure other than a fence or a temporary construction office shall be permitted any lot prior to the time of construction of the principal building and can be used only for storage purposes continuing to and until the completion of the principal structure.
(2) Accessory building on side street. Whenever an accessory building is so designed that it is to be entered directly from a side street or alley, the distance between the doors and the lot line shall be 18 feet or more.
(3) Setback. The accessory building shall comply with the zoning district in which it is located. An accessory building not requiring a building permit shall be setback 10 feet from side and rear property lines. No accessory building shall be located in the front yard regardless of size.
(4) Location. No accessory building shall be located in a front yard or within a utility easement.
(5) Height. No accessory building shall exceed 20 feet in height.
(6) Size. No size limitation shall exist on accessory buildings except that all accessory buildings shall meet the setback restrictions in the underlying zoning district, shall meet the requirements of § 153.026(F), and shall otherwise comply with the requirements of Chapter 153.
(7) Building permit required. A building permit shall be required for any accessory building over 120 square feet in size.
(8) Design. The architectural design and appearance of all accessory buildings and structures shall be consistent with the primary structure and with surrounding buildings and structures, including similar material, material design, color and texture.
(9) Tool sheds, garden sheds and similar buildings used for storage which are less than 120 square feet in size are not subject to the design requirements under division (C)(8) of this section and shall be prefabricated, fully enclosed structures, or structures constructed with fully enclosed wood or metal frames with sheathing or siding, and shingled roots.
Passed and adopted by the City Council of the City of Stacy, Minnesota this 8th day of December, 2020.
This ordinance shall take effect and be in force from and after its publication in the official newspaper of the City of Stacy.