|4/22/2021 10:25:00 AM|
Chisago Lakes Schools
Chisago City, MN 55013
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Telecommunication Meeting MINUTES:
Thursday, March 18, 2021
(April 22, 2021)
PRESENT: Lori Berg, Brenda Carlson, Melissa Donovan, Mark Leigh, Jeff Lindeman, Danielle Strenke, Supt. Dean Jennissen.
VISITORS: Jodi Davis, Anne Nelson, Eric Simmons, Robyn Vosberg-Torgerson, Darci Peckman-Krueger, Tracy Quarnstrom (remote), John Douglas, Todd Rapp, Peter Leatherman, Sarah Schmidt, Ralph Fairchild, Sara Johnson, Brenda Schell, Jason Riebe, Michelle Kleist, Ian Lexvold.
1. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. and began with the Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Motion by Berg, seconded by Donovan and upon roll call vote, those in favor of accepting the revised agenda, Leigh, Berg, Donovan, Carlson, Strenke and Lindeman with none opposed. Motion carried.
3. There were no Open Forum participants.
4. Tracy Quarnstrom presented an update on TRIO Wolf Creek.
5. Student representatives, Anne and John shared their thoughts on how the learning model is working at the High School.
6. Director of Business Services, Robyn Vosberg-Torgerson presented information about the budget.
7. Synergy enrollment for Chisago Lakes Schools as of March 16, 2021 was 3299.
8. Superintendent Jennissen yielded ‘his update time’ to Todd Rapp and Peter Leatherman to discuss how their businesses might be able to assist in planning a referendum.
9. Staff who received the WILDCAT Award of Excellence were recognized; Ruth Stark, Lori Johnson, Holly Erickson, SuZanne Gillespie, Tricia Jennissen, Rob Mortenson, Chelsea Becker, Michelle Smith, Lisa Delzer, Sue Racine, Judy Reger, Margo Johnson, Laura Wagner and Diane Runtsch.
10. Motion by Carlson, seconded by Donovan and upon roll call vote, those in favor of approving all the items on the Consent Agenda, Berg, Carlson, Donovan, Leigh, Lindeman and Strenke with none opposed, motion carried.
Approval of the minutes from 2/18/21, 3/2/21 and 3/4/21 as presented.
Claims and Accounts: The first set of computer payables dated February 26, 2021 for check number 139524 through 139622 in the amount of $438,104.38. Hand payables in the amount of $54,930.18. Investments, MSDLAF + tern yield.10% purchased $500,000.00, due 11/5/2021.
Donation/Grants: Four $500.00 scholarships to CLHS seniors from CLARA, Seven Thousand dollars’ worth of furniture and equipment donated from Nate Luger at Octane Fitness.
Mary Berning, Media specialist, applied for and received a grant for up to $1,000.00 from Central Minnesota Library Exchange to increase the number of Hi-Lo titles for 2nd graders at Lakeside Elementary.
Resignations: Terry Layton, WCC Custodian, effective February 18, 2021;
Jessi Nadeau, HS para, effective February 26, 2021;
Hannah Wedger, HS teacher, effective June 11, 2021;
Jenny Smith, Payroll clerk at the DO, effective March 8, 2021;
Rebecca Snyder, Kids Club at TF, effective March 19, 2021;
Retirements: William cope, custodian at TF, effective March 31, 2021;
Diane Runtsch, DO Secretary, effective June 15, 2021;
Leave of Absence:
Kim LeFebvre, MS para, effective March 15, 2021 through June 9, 2021;
Chelsea Paulson, Lakeside teacher, effective the 21-22 school year;
Lisa Pepper, kids club, extension of her current leave;
Contracts/Notice of Hire/Extra-Curricular Agreements:
Sarah Kleist, Spec Ed Para at PS commencing 2/15/2021, 5.75 days up to 172 days, $15.22/hr;
Rick Lindquist, MS custodian 2nd shift commencing 2/15/2021, 8hrs/day, 5 days/wk. $15.80/hr;
Jeremy Neuman, PS Spec Ed LTS, Wed. only, 5.75 hrs/day until June 3, 2021, $11.52/hr;
Michelle Smith, Media Ctr Para at TF commencing 1/25/2021, 8hrs/day, 5 days/wk, $15.80/hr;
Patty Vodenka-Reed, TF Recess/Health Rm/Office para commencing 2/9/2021, 5.75 hrs/day up to 172 days, $14.22/hr;
Angee Nephew, TF LTS Sped Para, 5.75 hrs/day until the end of the school year, $11.52/hr;
Leah Taylor, ESY 2021 Lead Teacher CLHS, hourly rate per CLEM contract plus $400 stipend;
Jean Fairchilid, LTS 4/5/21 through 6/10/21, $213.58 for 48 days=$10,251.84;
Deb Montanye, LTS 2/8/2021 through 6/10/21, $237.55 for 82 days = $19,479.10;
Talia Rainere, LTS 2/17/2021 through 6/10/2021, $213.58 for 75 days=$16,018.50
Marin Melloy, Tier 1 teacher for 2020-2021, $14,309.86 (213.58 per day for approx. 67 days);
11. There was no Old Business to discuss.
12. Motion by Donovan, seconded by Carlson and upon roll call vote, those in favor of approving the District Calendar with the revised Learning Model dates, Berg, Carlson, Donovan, Leigh, Lindeman, Strenke with none opposed, motion carried.
13. Motion by Carlson, seconded by Donovan and upon roll call vote, those in favor of approving the 2023-24 School District Calendar as presented, Berg, Carlson, Donovan, Leigh, Lindeman and Strenke with none opposed, motion carried.
14. Motion by Donovan, seconded by Strenke and upon roll call vote, those in favor of approving the SCRED Agreement with the amendments presented at the February Board Meeting, Berg, Carlson, Donovan, Leigh, Lindeman and Strenke with none opposed, motion carried.
15. Motion by Lindeman, seconded by Carlson and upon roll call vote, those in favor of approving the Local 284 2020-21, 2021-22 contract, Berg, Carlson, Donovan, Leigh, Lindeman and Strenke with none opposed, motion carried.
16. Board Committee updates were shared.
17. Motion by Berg, seconded by Donovan and upon roll call vote, those in favor of adjourning the meeting at 8:23 PM, Berg, Carlson, Donovan, Leigh, Lindeman and Strenke with none opposed, motion carried, meeting adjourned.
Mark Leigh, Chair
Danielle Strenke, Clerk
Article Comment Submission Form