|6/17/2021 10:17:00 AM|
CHISAGO COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSIONERS -
Notice of Intent to Seek
Subdivision; and Subsurface Sewage Treatment
(June 17, 2021)
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that pursuant to Minnesota Statute Section 375.51, Subd. 2, the Chisago County Planning Commission intends to seek public hearing input and comment concerning proposed amendments to the Zoning; Subdivision; Subsurface Sewage Treatment; and Shoreland Management Ordinances. The time and date of the hearing is during the Commissions regular meeting scheduled for Thursday, July 1, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. at the Chisago County Government Center, 313 N. Main St., Room 172, Center City, MN 55012.
The purpose of the proposed amendments is to:
1. Remove and amend language in reference to parcels requiring minimum buildable area “one acre buildable” where the depth to mottled soils is at least one (1) foot;
2. Introduce a new Home Site Area definition and incorporate Home Site Area General Provisions and Home Site Area Specific Provisions requiring up to 30,000 sq. ft. of building pad, home location, attached garage, yard and septic system site area with and/or without the use of clean fill;
3. Reduce the required Type 1 septic system 12” to mottled soils requirement for all new lots from 10,000 sq. ft. to 8,000 sq. ft. (4,000 sq. ft. primary and 4,000 sq. ft. secondary site);
4. Allow Type 2 septic systems (holding tanks) for tiny homes less than 1,000 sq. ft. in size, bathrooms in pole barns/accessory buildings, and new cabins occupied less than 6 months per year; and
5. Identify new home construction standards if unsuitable soils or water is encountered at the time of footing construction.
Copies of the proposed New Ordinance Concepts for Chisago County’s Home Site Area and the resulting draft ordinances under consideration are available a minimum of 10 days before the July 1st hearing date on the website of the Chisago County Environmental Services/Zoning & Parks Department at https://www.chisago county.us/277/Environmental-ServicesZoning-Parks and from the Chisago County Environmental Services/Zoning & Parks Department, 313 North Main Street, Suite 240, Center City, MN 55012, Telephone: 651-213-8371, during business hours.
Individuals wishing to observe the meeting or provide public hearing input and comment during the meeting may do so in person during the Public Hearing. Those wishing to submit public comment in advance of the meeting may do so in the form of written public comment by mail to Chisago County Government Center or email Attention Public Hearing Comment to and/or care of Environmental Services Director, Kurt Schneider at Kurt.Schneider@chisagocounty.us by 4 p.m. on July 1, 2021.
Article Comment Submission Form