|9/23/2021 9:52:00 AM|
BOARD OF EDUCATION -
Chisago Lakes Schools
Chisago City, MN 55013
Thursday, August 9, 2021
Special Board Meeting
(September 23, 2021)
PRESENT: Mark Leigh, Lori Berg, Danielle Strenke, Brenda Carlson, Jeff Lindeman, Superintendent Dean Jennissen
ABSENT: Melissa Donovan
VISITORS: Jodi Davis, Eric Simmons, Gail Gilman (MSBA - remote)
1. The special meeting was called to order at 2:30 p.m.
2. Gail Gilman, MSBA representative took the board through the board self-evaluation survey results, highlighting strengths and weaknesses, she will put a summary of ideas for improvements together and share it with the board and superintendent.
3. Applications were due by 5:00 p.m. on 8/9/2021 for the vacant seat that will be on the board with Melissa Donovan’s pending resignation. Human Resources will look through all the applications and share the completed applications with the board.
4. Chairman Leigh called a special meeting for August 18, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. to nominate the new school board member.
5. Supt. Jennissen shared current fall planning. All the information is available on the district website. He addressed online learning as an option. There would need to be a certain enrollment at each grade level to no impact class sizes. Some parents asked for masked classrooms. We discussed the logistics.
Mark Leigh, Chair
Danielle Strenke, Clerk
Article Comment Submission Form