|1/13/2022 11:06:00 AM|
BOARD OF EDUCATION,
Chisago Lakes Schools
29678 Karmel Ave.,
Chisago City, MN 55013 -
December 21, 2021 Special Meeting
(January 13, 2022)
Members Present: Mark Leigh, Lori Berg, Danielle Strenke, Jeff Lindeman, Sarah Aadland, Brenda Carlson, Superintendent Dean Jennissen.
Members Absent: None.
Visitors: Jodi Davis, Sara Johnson, Andy Willemy, Darci Peckman-Krueger.
1. The meeting was called to order and began with the Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Motion by Berg, seconded by Lindeman to close the board session to consider allegations against employees, with all in favor, the meeting was closed for discussion.
3. Discussion took place regarding personnel issues.
4. Motion by Berg, seconded by Carlson to close the Closed Session and reopen to conduct business.
5. Motion by Lindeman, seconded by Berg to accept the resolution as presented:
School Board Member Lindeman introduced the following Resolution and moved its adoption:
WHEREAS, the School Board has given preliminary consideration to allegations against an employee; and
WHEREAS, the School Board has reviewed a draft of a letter informing the employee of employment action;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the School Board of Independent School District No. 2144 as follows:
1. The School Board hereby approves the letter setting forth the employment action and the basis for the action.
2. The School Board Chair is authorized and directed to sign the letter on behalf of the School Board.
3. The Superintendent, or a designee, is directed to deliver the approved letter and the specified enclosures to the employee, preferably by personal service, and to place a copy of the letter in the employee’s personnel file.
4. Pursuant to Minnesota Statutes section 13.43, subdivision 2, the specific reasons for the action, the nature of the action, and the letter are private personnel data on the employee at this time.
The motion for the adoption of this Resolution was duly seconded by School Board Member Berg and upon a vote being taken thereon, the following voted in favor of the Resolution:
Strenke, Carlson, Leigh, Lindeman, Berg, Aadland
And the following voted against the Resolution: None.
Whereupon this Resolution was declared duly passed and adopted.
6. Motion by Berg to accept the resignation letter from John Killeen, custodian at Lakeside Elementary School, seconded by Lindeman with all in favor and none opposed, motion carried.
7. Motion by Carlson, to accept the resignation letter from Katie Hansen, custodian at Lakeside Elementary School, seconded by Lindeman with all in favor and none opposed, motion carried.
8. Motion by Berg, seconded by Carlson to adjourn the meeting at 6:33 PM, all in favor with none opposed.
Danielle Strenke, Clerk
Mark Leigh, Chair
Article Comment Submission Form