May 25, 2023 at 1:36 p.m.
Chisago Lakes Schools ISD #2144 29678 Karmel Ave. Chisago City, MN 55013 BOARD OF EDUCATION April 20, 2023 MINUTES
(May 25, 2023)
Members Present: Lori Berg, Jeff Lindeman, Brenda Carlson, Cory Spencer, Jennifer Penzenstadler, Joshua Soderlund, Dean Jennissen.
Members Absent: none.
Visitors: Jodi Davis, Michelle Kleist, Lugene Johnson, Georgie Johnson, Anita Linnell, Jerilyn Mattson, Ashley Newman, Courtney Storlie, Jason Sweno, Kelly Johnson, Kelly Henton, Jeff Norton, Sheryl Spray, Gina Pederson, Theresa Pedereson, Sheila Wiehl, Amanda Bushweiler, Phil Bushweiler, Jill Underhill, Chris Peterson, Sarah Meissner, Tiana Murray, Heather Beach, Cystal Peterson, Lauren Paulbick, Cory Becker, Alan Vogelsang, Lea Vogelsang, Alyson Vogelsang, Richard Johnson, Taryn Lappe, Wyatt Johnson, Kerry Zupko
1. The Board meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. and began with the Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Motion by Brenda Carlson, second by Josh Soderlund with all in favor of approving the agenda as presented, none opposed, motion carried.
3. Cory Spencer, Taryn Lappe, Wyatt Johnson, Ashley Newman and Amanda Bushweiler spoke during the Open Forum section.
4. Communication updates were shared from the Director of Business Services regarding the unaudited March numbers, District Enrollment, the student representatives, various board committee updates, the Superintendent Update and graduation (June 5th) invitations for the board members.
5. Motion by Cory Spencer, second by Brenda Carlson to approve the items on the Consent Agenda as follows: Claims and Accounts: Investment holdings in the amount of $3,000,000.00 with estimated value at maturity $3,074,065.76; Funds wired in the amount of $1,426,700.92; Computer payables dated March 21, 2021 for check number 145526 through 145646 in the amount of $771,548,59, a second set of computer payables dated April 3, 2023 for check number 145647 through 145750 in the amount of $704,534.87; a third set of computer payables dated 4/19/23 for check number 145751 through 145853 in the amount of $595, 082.94. Employee reimbursements dated 4/3/23 in the amount of $7,232.98, Employee reimbursements dated 4/11/23 in the amount of $5,490.13,
Approve Minutes: Minutes from 3/16/23 and 3/20/23 and 4/13/23 board meetings for approval; (once approved they will be available on the website and at the District Office)
Cheryl Bakken, Gen Ed Lakeside Summer School Teacher, $30.00/hr;
Nora Boyle, ESY Teacher Elementary Lakeside6/20/23 – 7/20/23, 15 days at 14 hrs/day not to exceed 68 hours $32.80/hr;
Grace Carlson, KC Supv at TF & Primary, 8 hrs/day, 241 days, Sched C, step A, $15.54/hr;
Ave DePrez, WCC Associate, 4 hr/day, 2-4 days/wk, $15.25/hr;
Megan Detlefsen, Supv KC PreK at Primary, 10 hrs/4 days /week, 50 days June 21-August 17, Sched C, Step D, $18.49/hr;
Harley Duncan, KC Asst Supv at Primary, 5.75/hrs/day, 180 days, Sched A, Step H, $16.81/hr;
Amanda Farrell, WCC Associate, up to 7.5 hrs/day, $15.25/hr;
Jessica Fitzgerald, Gen Ed Summer School Teacher, 4 hr/day, $48.51/hr;
Laura Freeman, Gen Ed Summer School Teacher, 2023, 4 hrs/day June 12-15, June 20-22 and June 26-29, $57.46/hr;
Savannah Gorski, Gymnastics Instructor, up to 5.75 hrs/day, $16.50/hr;
Kaylee Hansen, KC Aide, 2.75 hrs/day, 180 days/yr, $14.00/hr;
MacKenzie Hanson, Gen Ed Summer School Teacher 2023, 4 hrs/day, June 12-15, June 20-22, June 26-29, $31.15/hr;
Haley Hoffman, Gen Ed Summer School Teacher 2023, 4 hrs/day, June 12-15, June 20-22, June 26-29, $28.78/hr;
Angela Hollermann, Gen Ed Summer School Teacher 2023, 4 hrs/day, June 12-15, June 20-22, June 26-29, $30.00/hr;
Payton Huberty, Elementary Teacher for 2023-24, $47,074 (contingent on getting Masters), MA Step B;
Payton Huberty, LTS for Abby Husfeldt, 4-10-23 through 6/8/23, $230.26 for 42 days = $9,670.92;
Kim Karst, TFE, paraprofessional, 7hr/day, $15.60/hr;
Kathy King, 2023 ESY Site Coordinator Lakeside, $400.00 stipend + $59.02/hr, 8:00-12:00 ea day plus 8 hrs prep before and after ESY, not to exceed 68 hours;
Meghan Lowery, KC HS School Aide, 2.5 hrs/day, $14.00/hr;
Christine Melbostad, WCC/Lakeside, shared receptionist job, 6.5 hrs/day, up to 200 days, $17.33/hr;
Elsa Melton, KC HS Aide at Lakeside, 2.5 hrs/day, 180 days/yr, $14.00/hr;
Brandon Montanye, LTS 4/24/23 – 6/7/23, 8hrs/day, $262.43/day at the secondary level for L. Lacefield;
Angie Nelson, KC Prog Supv Pre-K at Primary, 50 days, 5.75 hrs/day, Sched C, step D, $18.49/hr;
Hayley Nelson, KC Prog Supt at Lakeside, 50 days, June 12 – August 17, Sched C, step D, $18.49/hr;
Raine Nyberg, Asst KC Supervisor at PS, 5.75 hrs/day, up to 181 days, $16.10/hr;
Dina Perron, Gen Ed Summer School Teacher 2023, 4 hrs/day, June 12-15, June 20-22, June 26-29, $31.98;
Susan Peterson LTS for Laura Schmitz, 3/13/23 through 6/7/23, $230.26/day for 61 days, $230.26/ea day for 61 days = $14,45.86;
Destiny Pierce, LTS for Karen Wasvick, 4-15-23 through 6-8-7-23, $230.26 /day for 37 days = $8,519.62;
Rachel Polta, KC Supv Pre K at Primary, 10 hrs/4 days a week, 50 days, June 12 – August 17, Sched C, step D, $18.49;
Lisa Rudquist, Gen Ed Summer School para 2023 at Lakeside, 3.5 hrs/day, June 12-15, June 20-22, June 26-29, $18.62/hr;
Laurie Slettom, Gen Ed Summer School Teacher 2023 4 hrs/day, June 12-15, June 20-22, June 26-29, $51.97/hr;
Laura Taylor, Food Service Asst, 5.25 hrs/day, FS Step F $15.80/hr;
Sunshine Vodenka-Reed, KC HS Aide at TF, 3:15-6:00pm, $14.00/hr;
Naomi Weiss, WCC, up to 4 hrs/day, 35-50 days/year, $16.50/hr;
Shelly Wilmer, ESY Teacher Elementary at Lakeside, 4 hrs/day, 6/20/23 – 7/20/23, not to exsceed 68 hours (15 days at 4 hours day + up to 8 hours prep time $59.02/hr;
Kerry Zupko, Gen Ed summer School Teacher 2023, 4 hrs/day, June 12-15, June 20-22, June 26-29, $60.24/hr.
Brianna Schueller, Kindergarten Teacher at PS, approx. 70 days, 9/5/23 through 1/2/24;
Maria Goff, requesting a leave beginning 9/5/23 with a return date of 12/11/23;
Leah Lacefield, extension to the current leave of absence with a return for the 2026-27 school year;
Perry Aadland, Girls basketball coach resignation, effective March 24, 2023;
Barbara Anderson, CLEC Spec Ed Teacher, retiring at the end of the 2022-23 school year, 6/7/23;
Pat Collins, 7th Grade Science Teacher, retiring at the end of the 2022-23 school year, 6/7/23;
Erin Eastman, effective February 28, 2023, resignation Head Dance Team Coach;
SuZanne Gillespie, MS Student Council Advisor, resigning end of the 2022-23 school year;
Melissa Lideen, HS Student Council Advisor effective at the end of the 22-23 school year;
Laura Gustafson, District Nurse, retiring at the end of the 2022-23 school year, 6/7/23;
Jeff Saueressig, effective March 24, 2023, resignation Girls Basketball coach;
Terry Swenson, MS Custodian, effective April 21, 2023;
Mackenzie Timm, 1st Grade Teacher at PS, resignation effective June 7, 2023;
Bill Weiss, Football Coach resignation effective March 21, 2023;
Diana Weller, paraprofessional at PS, resignation at the end of March 2023;
Deb Willem, retirement at the end of the 2022-23 school year;
Extra Curricular Agreements
Everett Appleby, Boys/Girls Golf Assistant for 2022-23, 50% IV-0, $2,012.50;
Jessica Bergerson, 9th Grade Softball for 2022-23, IV-0, $4,025.00;
Jean Bringgold, Track/Boys & Girls Asst for 2023-23, IV-2, $4,085.00;
Brent Eaton, LaCrosse Girls Coach for 2022-23, II-2, $4,972.00;
Michael Kuntz, 9th Grade Baseball coach 2022-23, $VI-10, $3,428.00;
Brandy Peterson, Boys & Girls Track Asst. Coach for 2022-23, 50% IV-10, $2,162.50;
Renae Reedy, Lacrosse Girls Asst. Coach for 2022-23, IV-2, $4,085.00;
Christian Swanberg, Boys & Girls Track Asst for 2022-23, 50% IV-10, $2,012.50;
Barbara Vanderbilt, Trapshooting Advisor for 2022-23, 50% IX-4, $993.50
Brenda Carlson, Softball Head Coach for 2022-23, II-10, $5,372.00;
Motion by Jeff Lindeman, second by Jennifer Penzenstadler to approve the contract for Brenda Carlson as presented, with all in favor and none opposed, with Brenda Carlson abstaining, motion carried.
Jeff Lindeman, Trapshooting Advisor for 2022-23, 50% IX-8, $1033.50;
Motion by Brenda Carlson, second by Cory Spencer to approve the contract for Jeff Lindeman as presented with none opposed and with Jeff Lindeman abstaining, motion carried.
6. There was no old business to discuss.
7. Motion by Carlson, second by Lindeman to approve the updated budget as presented by Robyn Vosberg Torgerson and available at the District Office.
8. Motion by Spencer, second by Soderlund to approve the agreement with TRIO Wolf Creek for summer school 2023 as presented. All in favor, none opposed, motion carried.
9. Motion by Penzenstadler, second by Lindeman to approve the applications for the grants for TF sensory equipment and for the consultants for the 23-24 SEL staff training. All in favor with none opposed, motion carried.
10. Motion by Carlson, seconded by Penzenstadler to approve Upper Lakes as the Prime Vendor for Food Services for 2023-24, with all in favor and none opposed, motion carried.
11. Motion by Spencer, second by Carlson to adjourn the board meeting at 6:52 p.m. with all in favor, motion carried.
Lori Berg, Chair
Jennifer Penzenstadler, Clerk
Commenting has been disabled for this item.