September 21, 2023 at 1:07 p.m.
CITY OF STACY: RESOLUTION NO. 2023-9-5
(September 21, 2023)
CITY OF STACY
CHISAGO COUNTY, MINNESOTA
RESOLUTION NO. 2023-9-5
RESOLUTION LIMITING THE DAYS AND TIMES WHICH WATER MAY BE USED FOR LAWN SPRINKLING
WHEREAS, the St. Croix Watershed, which includes Chisago County, has moved into Drought Warning Response Phase requiring public water suppliers to implement water restrictions; and
WHEREAS, Section 51.07 of the City Code states that whenever the City Council determines that a shortage of water supply threatens the City, it may, by resolution limit the times and hours during which City water may be used for sprinkling, irrigation, car washing, air conditioning, or other specified uses; and
WHEREAS, the City Council finds that a shortage of water supply threatens the health, safety, and welfare of the residents of the City.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Stacy City Council:
1. A watering ban is effective at 7:00 p.m. on September 12, 2023. The watering ban prohibits all outdoor watering with sprinklers between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. to avoid wasting water to evaporation. Also effective is the odd-even rule meaning addresses ending in an even number may only water outdoors on even-numbered days of the calendar, and addresses ending in an odd number may only water outdoors on odd-numbered days of the calendar. The outdoor watering ban is in effect until further notice.
2. The watering of new sod and the seeding of grass is permitted during the watering ban within the restricted hours and days.
3. Hand held watering of flowers, gardens, and landscaping is permitted.
4. Failure to comply with these restrictions may result in a surcharge for water service in the amount of $25 for each day of violation, which may be added to the water bill of the property of which the violation occurs. Each day of violation shall be deemed a separate violation. Continued violation shall be cause for discontinuance of water service. Violation of these restrictions shall also be subject to penalties pursuant to Section 51.07 of the City Code.
5. This Resolution shall remain in effect until rescinded by the City Council.
PASSED AND ADOPTED by the City Council of the City of Stacy, Minnesota this 12th day of September, 2023.
Deputy City Clerk