March 10, 2011 at 8:40 a.m.

Sewer plant kinks seem to be thing of the past, as Board accepts positive year end report

Sewer plant kinks seem to be thing of the past, as Board accepts positive year end report
Sewer plant kinks seem to be thing of the past, as Board accepts positive year end report

Members of the Board of Directors that oversees the wastewater treatment facility in the Chisago Lakes-Wyoming area learned last week that the facility is operating smoothly and the odor removal/filtering process recently installed at two sites is activated.

The Board approved final payment to the equipment and supply contractor for the bio-filtration system.

Engineer Chuck Janski informed the commission members the county is requesting their cooperation on possibly replacing the bridge on County Road 19, in the Carlos Avery Wildlife Management Area. There's an underground wastewater pipeline out of the city of Stacy, within that corridor. Janski said the commission might need to revise plans for this year's budget if the bridge can get onto a funding schedule and be worked on this summer yet. He'll report back.

In 2010 the CLJSTC budgeted $962,403. There is an inter-governmental loan (state Public Financing Agency) of about $8.5 million also being paid off.

The Chisago Lakes Joint Sewage Treatment Commission also accepted the 2010 annual operations summary from Janski.

Picture if you will 12 one-ton dumptrucks-- that's how much phosphorus was deleted from wastewater treated at the plant, north of Chisago City.

The plant is running at 43 percent capacity, which leaves 57 percent remaining for future housing, business and industrial uses, according to its pollution control agency permit.

FUN FACTS

~ About one million pounds of suspended solids were removed out of the wastewater. The material is stored as sludge on-site until the maximum amount is reached, and then the commission will pay to have the material disposed of elsewhere in a permitted process.

~ The members have been allocated capacity or gallons of flow per day:

Lindstrom is using 40 percent of its allocated flow.

Chisago uses 44 percent, Wyoming has risen to 55 percent of capacity used. Stacy is at 33 percent and Center City is at 35 percent.

~ In terms of flow into the plant, Lindstrom sends ten times the wastewater as Center City does.

~ The plant treated 367 million gallons last year. It is discharged as effluent into a tributary of a creek on CLJSTC property, where it eventually makes its way into the south Sunrise River watershed.


Comments:

Commenting has been disabled for this item.

Events

March

SU
MO
TU
WE
TH
FR
SA
25
26
27
28
29
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
SUN
MON
TUE
WED
THU
FRI
SAT

To Submit an Event Sign in first

Today's Events

No calendar events have been scheduled for today.

Events

March

SU
MO
TU
WE
TH
FR
SA
25
26
27
28
29
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
SUN
MON
TUE
WED
THU
FRI
SAT

To Submit an Event Sign in first

Today's Events

No calendar events have been scheduled for today.