January 19, 2023 at 10:50 a.m.
CHISAGO LAKES SCHOOLS ISD #2144, 29678 Karmel Ave., Chisago City, MN 55013 - BOARD OF EDUCATION MINUTES: December 20, 2022
Members Present: Mark Leigh, Brenda Carlson, Lori Berg, Jeff Lindeman, Danielle Strenke, Sarah Aadland, Supt. Dean Jennissen
Members Absent: None
Visitors: Karen Leigh, Michelle Kleist, Cory Spencer, Darci Peckman-Krueger, Josh Soderlund, Noel Stensrud, Tyler See, Joe Thimm, Jerry Vitalis, Eric Simmons, Dan McGonigle, Heide Miller
1. Motion by Berg, seconded by Carlson to call the Truth in Taxation and Regular Board Meeting were called to order at 6:00 p.m. followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Motion by Berg, seconded by Carlson, all in favor of accepting the agenda as presented with none opposed, motion carried.
3. Director of Business Services, Robyn Vosberg-Torgerson presented the Truth in Taxation to those in attendance and watching on line. A copy will be available on the district website.
4. Tyler See from ABDO Solutions (Certified Public Accountants and Consultants) went over the annual audit. A copy is available on the district website. Motion by Berg, seconded by Carlson to approve the annual audit as presented with all in favor and none opposed, motion carried.
5. During the Open Forum, Cory Spencer thanked the outgoing board members, Mark Leigh and Danielle Strenke, for their service.
6. Robyn Vosberg-Torgerson gave the unaudited report for November, the student representatives gave updates, board committees gave updates, enrollment snapshot, as of 12/15/22 - #3329, was shared.
7. Motion by Carlson, seconded by Berg with all in favor and none opposed of approving the Consent Agenda as follows:
Claims & Accounts: Computer payables dated December 2, 2022 for check number 144578 through 144591 in the amount of $34,851.06; a second set of computer payables dated December 5, 2022 for check number 144592 through 144598 in the amount of $1,527.00; A third set of computer payables dated December 9, 2022 for check number 144599 through 144648 in the amount of $67,681.50. Wired funds in the amount of $1,484,849.29; Investments $6,000,000.00 with estimated value at maturity of $6,095,418.64. Employee reimbursements dated 12/12/22 in the amount of $9,798.39.
Minutes from the November 17, 2022 meeting are attached for approval
Rikki Beaver, HS teacher 2022-23, Step C, BA+0, $43,505.00;
Amanda Cook, Sped Para Setting III, 6.5 hrs/day, $15.07/hr;
Ruth DeMunck, elementary teacher for 2022-23, Step F, BA+0, $50,574;
Angela Hanson, Check/Connect MS, 6.5 hrs/day, $13.40/hr;
Brianna Hilton, SPED para, 5.75 hrs/day, Sched A, step F, $15.03/hr;
Angela Hollermann, LTS 11/7/22 – 6/7/23, $35,050.08;
Shalleen Johnson, LTS for Leah Swenson SPED at HS 8 hrs/day. $170/day;
Hayley Nelson, floating substitute at MS & HS, $200/day;
Mannie Nelson, Asst. Cust at TF, 8hr/day, $21.65/hr;
Gary Vanbergen, PS Custodian, 8 hrs/day, $17.62/hr;
Leanne Waterworth, Enrichment Facilitator at TFE, 4.25 hrs/day, 4 days/wk, $15.00/hr;
Mark Johnson, Technology Services up to 125 hours, 12/12/22 through 1/31/23;
Jean Johnson, Admin Asst under MCEA contract, 1/1/23-12/31/23;
Anna Kavanagh, Girls Basketball JV coach for 2022-23, III-1, $4,489.00;
Jeff Saueressig, Football Asst Coach for 2022-23, III-10, $4,849.00;
Rich Bachman, KC Supv @ Lakeside, effective December 22, 2022;
Haley Good, MS para, effective December 2, 2022;
Angela Hanson, MS lunchroom supv, effective Nov. 28, 2022
Cody Holeton, Food Service, effective December 1, 2022;
Josh Minnihan, Tier II tech for District, effective December 1, 2022;
Michelle Smith, para at TF, effective Dec. 22, 2022;
Josh Von Feldt, Kids Club, effective November 26, 2022;
Dean Jennissen, Supt. Effective June 30, 2023;
Becky Anderson, Sped Teacher at TF, effective Jan. 6, 2023;
Danielle Haas, SPED para, 6 week leave effective December 16, 2022;
Andrea Hoppe, MS teacher, 12 weeks leave effective December 27, 2022;
Leah Jakowski, Check & Connect Coord @ MS, 1 year leave, effective November 21, 2022;
8. There was no Old Business to discuss.
9. Motion by Berg, seconded by Carlson to accept the donation from the Fletcher Foundation for $5,000.00 for Lakeside Elementary School for student and school needs.
10. (The Chisago City Fire Department donated $413.96 for the Disc Golf course)
11. Motion by Berg, seconded by Carlson with all in favor to approve the student trip to Washington DC in the fall of 2023, none opposed, motion carried.
12. Motion by Lindeman, seconded by Berg to approved the Levy Document as presented with all in favor, none opposed, motion carried. County notified.
13. Discussion took place regarding an increase in Little Wildcat Preschool and Kids Club fees. More discussion and a vote will take place at a meeting in the near future.
14. Motion by Berg, seconded by Carlson with all in favor to table a decision on the next steps for the Chisago Lakes Superintendent search until the Jan. 9, 2023- Organizational Meeting, all in favor with none opposed, motion carried.
15. Motion by Berg seconded by Aadland with all in favor of tabling the discussion to change the Board Workshop dates until the January 9, 2023 Organizational Meeting, motion carried.
16. Motion by Berg, seconded by Carlson to close the meeting at 7:34 PM, all in favor, motion carried.
Dated: November 17, 2022
Danielle Strenke, Clerk
Mark Leigh, Chair