August 23, 2012 at 8:29 a.m.
For the next several months, the Chisago City Historical Society has an expanded display about the Chisago City Fire Department at the Chisago County Government Center. The Chisago City Fire Department is celebrating 100 years of service to the local area, having been established in 1912. The volunteer fire department of Chisago met for the first time on March 19, 1912. Fifteen men signed up as firefighters. They started out with two chemical engines, two 30-foot extension ladders, two shorder ladders, two fire axes, a crowbar, a ladder cart, and galvanized iron pails. Today’s Chisago City consists of parts of the village of Deer Garden, the Old Towne village of Chisago, the new village of Chisago which appeared after the railroad came through, and parts of the former townships of Wyoming and Lent.
Commenting has been disabled for this item.