May 3, 2012 at 9:01 a.m.
Lakeside Elementary 4th grade science fair projects on display inside the Chisago County Government Center
Each year the Department awards certificates to the students who create the most environmental, conservation and scientific minded science projects at the local 4th grade science fairs. These Lakeside Elementary students will have their projects on display in the Government Center Lobby.
According to County Board Chairman George McMahon, “The County feels it is important to recognize these kids for their exceptionally work and leadership in educating all of us about the impacts our lifestyles have on our natural environment.”
2012 Award Certificate Winners are:
• Mitchelle Keene – How Does Road Salt Affect the Environment?
• Josh Olson – What Object in Your Home Has the Most Bacteria?
• Allyson Buermann – Why Do Animals Become Endangered?
• Kenzie Hegstad – What Type of Shoreline Prevents Erosion?
• Julia Brunnette – How Does Acid Rain Affect the Environment?