June 30, 2016 at 3:17 p.m.
Fairview Lakes Auxiliary has awarded scholarships to local students for the 54th year. Recipients were selected from among 107 applicants based on academic performance, need and health care-related experience.
Among the 23 recipients were eight students from Chisago Lakes, Pine City, St. Francis, North Branch and Forest Lake high schools. The 15 remaining recipients were traditional and adult college students, post-graduate students, students enrolled in medical school and students pursuing advanced nurse practitioner degrees.
“Fairview Lakes is proud to support our Auxiliary and be part of the process of offering these scholarships to high-caliber students in our community,” said John Herman, president, Fairview Lakes Medical Center. “For our future as a community, it is important to inspire and support a strong health care work force and open health care career opportunities for local area residents.”
Scholarship winners represent the following communities: Forest Lake, Pine City, Chisago City, North Branch, Stacy, Lindstrom, Shafer, Cambridge, Wyoming, Cedar, Scandia and Marine on St. Croix.
Scholarship recipients also include eight area college students who have received auxiliary scholarships in previous years, three Fairview Lakes Medical Center employees or family members, and four former student volunteers at Fairview Lakes.
Applications for the 2017 scholarships will be available starting Jan. 1, 2017, at Fairview.org/careers, and are due March 31, 2017.
Applicants must be planning a career in a medical field and reside in the area served by Fairview Lakes. This includes the area from Pine City to Lino Lakes/Hugo and Highway 65 to the Wisconsin border.
For more information about the Fairview Lakes Auxiliary program, including opportunities to donate to an existing scholarship or create a new one, contact the volunteer office at Fairview Lakes Medical Center, 651-982-7774.
More details about this year’s recipients:
• Fairview Lakes Medical Center Scholarship: Wynonna Brown (Pine City); Hannah Kemp (North Branch); Nicole Massey (Forest Lake)
• Fairview Lakes Medical Staff Scholarship: Megan Pignato (Stacy); Abbigail White (Wyoming)
• Dr. Harold and Joyce Albrecht Scholarship: Amanda Mickelson (Scandia)
• Physical Therapy Consultants Scholarship: Kara Herr (Shafer)
• Love Lights Scholarships: Paige Frank (Chisago Lakes); Elijah Johnson (Pine City); Sally Nelson (Stacy)
• Fairview Lakes Auxiliary Scholarship: Madalyn Dorrain (Scandia); Hannah Mallet (Pine City); Shannon Monson (Lindstrom); Erin Pavelka (Cambridge); Madeline Spring (Marinne on the St. Croix); Alison Stiller (Lindstrom).
• Donald and Virginia Ferguson Scholarship: Alexandra Smith (Stacy)
• Donna Mathias Student Service Award: Andrea Brenny (Cedar)
• Ken Shea Scholarship: Allison Ives (Chisago City)
• Cindy Lunch Memorial Scholarship: Allison Alldritt (Chisago City); Leah Lindau (Chisago City)
Commenting has been disabled for this item.