October 2, 2003 at 4:09 p.m.
The renovations have brought the church building closer to its original look, while also creating a more open and accessible internal gathering space. Highlighted on the north wall is a beautiful colored window depicting Martin Luther that was a gift from Sunday School contributions in 1925. The entire window is now visible with structural improvements opening up the full window area.
The Rev. Charles Anderson, a son of the congregation, was the preacher and officiant. In his sermon he emphasized that the church is not only a building, but is a group of faithful people who support that building and dedicate it to the glory of God. Trinity members recognized the truth of his words as they remembered worshipping at the high school and in their fellowship hall, holding Sunday School in the former Gustaf’s World of Christmas store, and conducting funeral and wedding services in other area church buildings.